About Benghazi European School
- MISSION STATEMENT
The Benghazi European School aims to offer the highest standards of education
at secondary school level and to undertake to prepare students for entry into
internationally accepted educational programmes.
The Benghazi European School believes in the importance of the personal development
of its students so that they become life-long learners, effective communicators
and responsible citizens and responsible citizens prepared for an active life in the
service of their community. We strongly believe that effort leads to success.
The school sets out to fulfil its Mission as follows:
• by offering a challenging educational programme to help students understand how the
knowledge gained in the different subjects is interrelated and how this knowledge is also
linked to the real world, thus giving its students an integrated education.
• by encouraging its students to affirm their identity and to be proud of their own culture
while hey understand, appreciate and respect the value of other very different cultures.
• by offering, at secondary school level, an international, integrated educational programme.
This programme is based on the guidance provided by the BES.
• by ensuring that the content of our educational programme is broadly based on the
international syllabus of Edexcel Lower Secondary Curriculum Years 7 to 9, Edexcel IGCSE Years
10 and 11 and Edexcel GCE A Level Years 12 and 13 .
• by using English as the main language of instruction; the programme also provides a second
language at which a high level of proficiency is expected.
• by taking advantage in the curriculum of the cultural diversity present at the school to develop
an understanding and respect for other cultures. The school considers its students, who all
come from different ethnic and religious backgrounds, to be an asset. Students, parents and
staff meet and interact with mutual respect and friendship.
• by paying special attention to the personal development of students in fostering respectful
attitudes, communication skills, a sense of responsibility and discipline in their education and
in their lives.
• by pursuing academic excellence by providing up-to-date teaching and reference materials,
laboratory equipment and modern teaching techniques.
• by focusing on training and development programmes for all teachers to keep abreast of new
• by using continuous assessment and reporting of students’ performance during the academic
year in order to provide guidance and supplementary teaching if the students need it.
Examinations provide students with the techniques they will need later on in life.
The Benghazi European School believes in the importance of the personal development of its students so that they become life-long learners, effective communicators and responsible citizens and responsible citizens prepared for an active life in the service of their community. We strongly believe that effort leads to success
This Academic Year, 2017/2018, the Benghazi European School (BES) is celebrating its 18th anniversary. We follow the British National Curriculum from Year 7 to Year 15. At the end of year 11 students sit the Edexcel Board of International GCSE examinations and at the end of Year 12 and 13 they sit GCE AS and A2 . Students leave our school at the end of year 13 prepared for University entrance anywhere in the world.